Transparent braces are a step forward in cosmetic technology, specifically orthodontics. People are used to the image of lousy metal braces firmly attached to their teeth, making braces uncomfortable and confident when communicating. Now customers can use transparent braces, which are both easy to use and highly aesthetically pleasing.
What are Invisalign clear braces?
Invisalign is a method of braces that do not use brackets and elastic bands like conventional braces but uses transparent aligners to straighten teeth.
How do Invisalign clear braces work?
- Invisalign braces include a series of clear aligners designed for each individual based on each person’s teeth and used at different stages throughout the orthodontic process.
- The trays are numbered sequentially from tray number 1 to the last tray; on average, each tray is worn for about two weeks; each tray helps the teeth to move gradually to the desired position of about 0.25mm, continuously until the teeth move to the desired position.
- Usually, patients need to wear about 20-40 Invisalign aligners depending on tooth misalignment. For Invisalign to work at its best, users need to wear their Invisalign aligners for a minimum of 22 hours a day.
Objects suitable for transparent braces Invisalign
Invisalign clear braces can be applied to most cases that need orthodontic treatment, such as:
- Crooked teeth, sparse teeth
- Protruding, underbite, misaligned, messy teeth…
Invisalign clear braces are suitable for children and adults, especially those who require a high level of aesthetics, communicate a lot, and are busy people who only have a little time to visit the dentist regularly.
How does the Invisalign clear braces process work?
Invisalign aligners are manufactured directly in a factory in the United States. Patients are X-rayed to identify, take dental impressions, analyze technical parameters, and produce transparent braces. After the doctor collects all the parameters and the condition of the patient’s teeth, They will send the data to the US company to create a treatment plan using proprietary software.
This software helps to simulate the change of teeth during braces, designed in the form of a short video, which is very convenient for doctors and patients during treatment. You will see the change of jaw arch, the order between teeth, soft tissues, and facial muscles change… right before your braces journey begins.
After receiving the treatment plan, preview the results during and after braces with Invisalign through the software. If the patient agrees to the treatment plan, the doctor will notify the Invisalign technicians to begin designing and manufacturing the tray. After the production, the trays will be cleaned, packaged, and shipped to the patient.
The doctor will deliver some or all of the Invisalign aligners and instruct the patient to wear the aligners.
In some cases, in addition to Invisalign aligners, the doctor needs to use a few appliances or dental procedures to facilitate Invisalign treatment, such as:
- Attachment to teeth: These are stoppers made of dental material that play the same role as traditional orthodontic braces attached by doctors to natural teeth to create an attachment point that forces Invisalign trays to work.
- Inter-jaw elastic band: An elastic band stretched from one jaw to the opposite jaw to enhance the movement of teeth, exceedingly crooked and misaligned teeth outside the jawbone orbit.
- Polishing and contouring: To create more space or loosen contact points in the teeth.
- Politics: As dentures are indicated for use in tooth extraction cases, this improved tooth will hide in the area of the removed natural tooth, and no one will know that you have extracted the tooth.
With Invisalign trays, you can install and remove them yourself at home; every 6-8 weeks, you will go to the dentist for a follow-up visit so that the doctor can check the progress of your teeth as well as the process of wearing the tray and receiving the next tray.
After finishing the orthodontic process, the doctor will evaluate the effectiveness and perform some procedures to perfect your teeth. After that, you must maintain the treatment results and prevent the teeth from moving back to their original position with a transparent retainer.
Pros and cons of Invisalign clear braces
Invisalign is almost invisible. That means you can always smile confidently.
Can be removed
Invisalign braces are made of flexible SmartTrack material, which makes it very easy to put on and take off, unlike fixed braces. Now you can enjoy your favorite food anytime you want.
SmartStage and SmartForce technologies induce slow and gentle yet effective tooth movement throughout your treatment. Meanwhile, traditional braces can cause discomfort and pain.
Fewer doctor visits
Unlike braces, you must see your doctor every three to four weeks. Invisalign makes your schedule more comfortable with a frequency of every 6-8 weeks.
Clear treatment time
Invisalign treatment allows you to visualize every stage of your treatment, giving you a detailed view of the length of your treatment. With traditional braces, the doctor can only provide an approximate time when starting treatment.
Better oral health
Because Invisalign clear braces are removable, you can still floss and brush your teeth as you usually would. While traditional braces can make it difficult to clean between metal braces, leading to plaque buildup and poor oral hygiene.
- The first disadvantage is that it takes too much time compared to traditional braces. Invisalign braces take about 18-36 months, depending on the patient’s physical condition. Therefore, it requires the patient to have high perseverance and patience.
- Pronunciation problems: Wearing braces can cause problems with pronunciation because the mounts block the airflow when speaking.
- Oral hygiene: Improper dental hygiene will cause the tray to be deviated from the teeth, thereby affecting the results of braces.
- The most significant disadvantage of Invisalign technology braces is the high cost, 3-5 times higher than the braces method.
Are Invisalign clear braces painful?
This is something that many people wonder about when they intend to get braces; initially, when wearing the aligners, some people may find it a bit uncomfortable, this is because they feel a force on the teeth.
This is a sign the aligners are working, moving your teeth gradually, helping you to achieve the final result. The discomfort will usually go away after a few days.
Premier dentistry specializes in preventative, cosmetic, restorative, and implant dentistry in Stanly County and the surrounding area.